About Learning @ Site 3
An important part of Site 3′s vision is to share our skills and knowledge with the community. To that end we have a diverse selection of courses and workshops open to the public, aimed at a wide variety of age groups. Many of our members are professionals in their respective fields, and so we’re able to offer everything from introductory courses for complete novices all the way up to master classes for more experienced students.
Some of our classes include:
- Introduction to soldering (through hole and surface mount)
- Introductory electronics and programming with Arduino
- Networking with Arduino
- Working with EL wire
- Circuit board design using KiCAD
- Introductory welding/metal shop
- CNC laser-cutter training
- Wearable electronics
- Geotagging photographs
- Oil-based printmaking
- Stained-glass workshop
- Making music with Game Boy: intro to chiptunes
- Wet-molded leather maskmaking
- Soft-circuits and wearable electronics
- Flame effects and control systems
And that’s just our initial list! See below for the currently scheduled classes.
If you’re interested in hearing more about courses as information becomes available, sign up for our announcement e-mail list or subscribe to our RSS feed. If you’d like more information, or to “pre-register” for a specific course, please email me directly at jonathan (at-sign) site3.ca.