We have had such awesome and amazing makers at open house (every Thursday) recently. One of our newest members; Lauren, and Paul, had put together a forge driven by a hairdryer bellows to smelt some aluminium. Incredibly fun and many great ideas for more, thanks Lauren!
Seth kindly posted the video on the FB group
What’s Next? More events and classes!
The Mad Engineer’s Ball was such a ripping success we’d like you all to come back for DECEMBERWEEN!
Inspired by Santarchy & Halloween, conveniently around two founding members birthdays; Seth and Laura.. there couldn’t be more reasons to put on your Decemberween costume* and celebrate!
* We’re looking for creative modifications of Santa suits, Rudolph costumes where the nose is on fire, that sort of thing. The more ridiculous the better.
And now back to the business of why we all get together at Site 3 – learning and making things:
Upcoming classes at Site 3
- Designing Printed Circuit Boards with KiCad, Seth Hardy, Tuesday Nov 8th (four weeks)
- Site 3 Laser Training is generally the last Saturday of the month (check the calendar below)
- Wheel-Truing with Jordan Tam – Getting your bike into shape! Sunday, 20th November
- DIY Holiday Cards with Sabrina Scott – our book-binding superstar is back – on Saturday November 26th
- Prototyping circuits: intro to electronics – beginner’s welcome! Wednesday, 30th November
- There are rumors of a flame effects class coming soon! Watch facebook, twitter or the announce list for more!