CNC 3-axis mill arrived in the shop July 25th, 2011 – more info.
Our pride and joy is our 60W Laser. It’ll cut thin wood, acrylic and other plastics, fabric, leather, rubber, fiberglass, paper, and more. It’ll etch just about anything (all of the above, plus metal, glass, marble, etc.), and it does it at resolutions higher than 500 DPI. You have to see it to believe it.
But there is more to Site 3! We have an increasingly well-stocked (and diverse) shop, which includes such goodies as:
- A large metal lathe
- A tiny watchmaker’s lathe
- An industrial sewing machine (Adam sez: “sews through leather like a hot knife through butter!” Carl sez: “It has two speeds: fast and very fast”)
- A MakerBot 3D printer
- Drill presses
- Power tools galore: Skil saws, table saw, scroll saw, band saw, etc.
- More Dremels than you can shake a stick at
- Any hand tool you could want
- Four Weller WES50/WESD51 soldering stations
- Stained glass working equipment
Coming soon: we’re in the process of getting our insurance to allow welding, and we’ve got an insanely large vacuum-former that is currently being built.